Monday, March 3, 2008

March comes in like a lion

If March comes in like a lion, it goes out like a lamb. Sometimes this is true where I'm living and sometimes it's not. But I awoke in the wee hours of Saturday morning to sheets of rain slamming against the windows, things rattling like crazy outside, and, upon looking out the window, witnessing the neighbors' plastic lawn furniture tumbling across the yards. No kidding it comes in like a lion!



I've been working on a project lately, it takes time and space and is only halfway finished. Here's a sneak preview.







And last week I was in the newspaper. Just my photo, not my name. The photographer was wandering our classroom and nobody knew where to look, clearly. It was an article about how my school had a record number of registrants over the course of the past year. I think the last time I had that sort of claim to fame was my 6th grade summer archaeological dig at a colonial house in Pennsylvania.





This March will certainly go out like a lamb this year - or rather, with the Lamb. Easter is the 23rd of March. I thought that was pretty cool. Stefan is preaching in the English service Easter Sunday night. The next day we're going up to the top of Germany to Cuxhaven, on the North Sea, for a week with tons of people from our church. We're looking forward to that. I can't wait to see the ocean again, I really miss it!

4 comments:

Karoliina said...

Just a word of warning: The Baltic isn't quite an "ocean". But your trip sounds like a ton of fun, otherwise. I wish we had something like that planned... wait... we do. We're going to Florida for a week in April!!!

Juliette said...

Florida, ahh, to thaw out! the Baltic, yep, I know, been there, froze to death, I remember. BUT it does have the 'big blue' aspect to it. Our area is also sandy beach area, so I know I'll derive some aesthetic pleasure from it! ; )

Anonymous said...

Photogenic Juliette was also pictured in the front page newspaper at Davis California (1994) as a member of the high school rowing team. She would get up at 0430 hrs. to row on the Sacramento river, and dodge oceangoing freight ships.

Juliette said...

thanks for that addition dad. i still cannot believe they allowed underage teenagers to row alone through fog that dense.