Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Rags to Riches

I'm not always excited when it comes to tax season, but this year I was. Thanks to the fact that each of us only worked half a year in our respective countries, we had a decent return come back to us. This enabled us to tackle a few things we'd been enduring.

One of those things were our shoes. Stefan had worn holes in his and needed a new pair. The soles of my brown lace-ups were also nearly smooth, and frankly, brown lace-ups don't cut it when you wear a skirt or spring clothes. All my other shoes from the US were useful back in the days where I sat on a train or at a desk all day. They are not in any way functional when you literally walk or ride your bike everywhere! (Keen's toe bumpers are great for bikers!)

That said, shoes in Europe are frightfully expensive! We ordered some online and had my parents ship them to us in one box. So much cheaper! Thanks to mom and dad for sending us our shoes!! They tucked a few other goodies in there too - chocolate chips and vanilla (both non-existant over here) and a fun blue giraffe...who advertises Clariant. Thanks for that dad.

3 comments:

Karoliina said...

Supercute shoes! Maybe your parents could send me some too...

Anonymous said...

Raffie looks good in his red shoes!

Antje said...

I had the SAME problem here!! Where do I buy shoes? Nice shoes? affordable shoes??

My recommendation is check Deichman ( but you have to look for quality), the shoeshop in the Schlossbergcenter or Karstadt (but not the one in Marburg)