As promised, here are some more pictures of the egg exhibit we saw this past weekend. Stay tuned throughout the week for more pictures each day. I've saved my favorites for the end of the week!Here are some goose eggs. I love how a story has been written and illustrated all on one egg! It's just like reading a book - with amazing illustrations! Fun fact of the day: the Easter Bunny has it's origins in Germany, click here to see a little more about the history. These eggs were priced in the 40 Euro range (current exchange rates make that $63 - yes, the exchange rate is really 1 euro = $1.57!!!)
This lady uses a drill and small manual tools to create these lace-like eggs. It's hard to believe you can really do this to an eggshell! Makes you wonder how many she crushes before getting a perfect one. You really must enlarge this picture to see the white ones in the back - so intricate!
Here are some lovely batik eggs. I imagine starting with a brown eggshell must be better for this sort of project, but I didn't ask. If you zoom in, you can see that these are 'only' 25 euro.
Remember, you can click on any picture to make it larger. Just hit your 'back' button to get back to the blog. (or just right click and open in a new tab) The craftsmanship on these is simply amazing - worth seeing as close as possible!
Monday, March 17, 2008
Week of Eggs: Part 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Beautiful! I love the easter Fairs all over the country. ☺
The exchange rate makes us cry here...:-(
Post a Comment