I think I've mentioned them in passing, but I need to do a feature post on these ladies. We usually meet every week on Tuesdays for lunch, but this week we met on Thursday due to schedule conflicts. On the left is Katrin, and on the right is Steffi. They attend the International Worship Service that Stefan and I go to on Sunday nights. (they're German though!)
Katrin is finishing up her Psychology degree and Steffi just finished her political studies degree. Needless to say, our conversations are always varied, and always in German (except when I don't know stuff, or it's super complicated). They are great at encouraging me in my language skills; they correct me enough, but not too much. I really appreciate their friendship and our lunches together!Every third week we meet at my house for lunch, but the other times we meet at their WG, which is for wohngemeinshaft - living community - basically a bunch of people who live in a huge apartment together. There are 5 of them in this apartment, each with their own room, so it's a huge old space. Here is you see a lunch Steffi made for us - one she ate often as a child: boiled eggs with boiled potatoes with a mustard sauce. Simple, yet really tasty fare!
Then afterwards Stefan and I had dentist appointments here. Nothing remarkably different here, except they say you don't need to have a cleaning 2x/yr like the Americans say (well, they say you do if you have bad teeth). This practice used a 'sandblasting' technique (with powdered calcium and water). I've only had that once before at a practice I went to in California. So that happened. I still have that fresh and clean feeling in my mouth!
Thursday, February 21, 2008
The Tuesday Girls
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment