Thursday, February 7, 2008

all the trimmings

So it was sunny today and I rode into town to meet Stefan after he was done teaching. We rode over to a local bike shop and checked out the bike bags (aka panniers). It was a pleasant surprise to find Radwerk was very competitively priced with accessories; the general rule of thumb over here is "the smaller the store, the higher the prices". So we saved 18 euro on the bags. Too bad his bikes were more than double what we paid in Giessen! (we have to go to Giessen for our warranty repairs, not a local guy).
Note: They roll down tighter than the picture, I was sloppy. These babies will make trips to the gym, Bible study, and the grocery store a lot more comfortable - and they're super waterproof. I'd been hauling things in a detachable basket and my backpack, but with heavy stuff/long/uphill rides you just get a sweaty back, which is gross. I'd really had enough of that.

I was also pretty psyched to get the flyer in the mail that said my local grocery store was going to start a free delivery service for purchases over 30 euro. This is great: I can do a run stocking up on heavy canned stuff and lots of my Tetra-packed, super-cooked boxed milk every month and have somebody else lug it up my stairs! Fantastic! It's like living in NYC again! I'm an American, I love free delivery!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL cool. Wish we had someone to carry our groceries up 3 flights of stairs!