This is a post just for those of you who have a fascination with boats. I know there are at least 3 of you out there! : )We saw quite a number of big boats on the days we went into Cuxhaven. It has a small harbor, but most of the boats continue down the Elbe to Hamburg. When we shipped our boxes via container ship from the US to Germany we could've opted to have our things go this very way, however our shipper said the taxes would actually be much cheaper if we docked in England and then had a truck drive it to our door. Who knew? I think it's weird to think that our stuff crossed the Atlantic on a boat like the one below.
See the red boat in the back left corner? When the weather is particularly bad, they send it out to be a sort of floating lighthouse. I thought that was interesting.
Alte Liebe is the old wooden pier you can walk on. Good view of the passing ships.
Some Coast Guard (literally: Coast Watch) ships:
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Baltic Boats
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kule boats!! I like the orange and black one with the Neuwerk name...is it from Neu Jersey? Must have been fun to see all the action on the waterfront!
moi
Post a Comment