Monday, April 21, 2008

The Hundi has landed

Guess who's here?Ronja
She's with us for the week, and, by the sounds of all the whining, is not too thrilled about it. Thankfully she hasn't been barking as much today, which is making it easier for me (why, oh why must Stefan be allergic to cats?!?) and our neighbors. She has her dog bed, which she's been hanging out in pretty much all morning. She's made no attempt to try to get up on the new couch that finally arrived on Friday. Hooray!I have something of a history of un-comfy or just plain non-existant couches, so I'm psyched to finally have a comfortable couch! We can fit 4 people comfortably on here, which will be nice when our Bible study group is over. It's also nice for those occasions when the tv gets rolled out of it's garage. Mainly it's perfect for every day curling up with a book, laptop, or cup of tea and admiring the castle, old city, and struggling balcony garden.
Ronja admiring our balcony.... but I think she's rather worried that her Fraulie has given her up. Stefan's mother has another intestinal surgery tomorrow and will likely be in the hospital for several days. (hence us having the dog for the week) This surgery is supposed to be minor compared with those she's had over the past two years. However, prayer regarding no complications and pain, her two anxious sons, and a stressed out pup would be greatly appreciated. We are all looking forward to next weekend when Frank will come up to visit. He wants to squeeze in one more visit before he moves to a hiker's hut in the German Alps. More on that later.

2 comments:

Karoliina said...

That's too funny! I just looked at these pictures again and realized your red round carpet is exactly (repeat: exactly) like my red round carpet that I had back in college. My brother now has it. I got it from John.

Juliette said...

heh, yeah, we have two of those PS ones. This room was going to be all blue if we didn't inject some other color into it!