We are celebrating our first spring in this apartment by sprucing up our two balconies. Window boxes full of pansies have been hung, planters filled with dirt, and hanging pots stuffed. Stefan's a little mortified that we have so many pansies on the balconies - he says only grandmothers buy them. I said we can afford them. We'll be rearranging as the season progresses anyhow. We can't put most of our seeds in quite yet, but we got the bulk of the work done now.The big green walls we have going up on either side of the back balcony are in a sad state, so we're planning on climbing flowers, like morning glories, to grow up and cover the icky-ness. This is an all-day sun balcony so we think we can manage pretty much anything. I'm hoping to do herbs and lettuce a little later on.
Thursday, April 3, 2008
The blooming balcony
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Tell him I buy pansies -- I'm not a grandmother!!! :)
Ich mag Stiefmütterchen auch total gerne! ☺
Kräuter wachsen auf Balkons in Marburg super!
Your mother just planted pansies in the front porch planters, and she isn't a grandmother...just wants to be one.
Herbs and leaf lettuce sound like a very practical garden, but pansies in a bud vase always cheer up a room.
Dad
Post a Comment