Yesterday I gave the free water aerobics class a try at the pool. It was late morning so there was only one other person in my age bracket and the rest were serious seniors. (much older than Beth and Floyd! ha ha) This includes the instructor. I've never had a fitness instructor who looked older than 25. This guy looked JUST like Captain Kangaroo and was bouncing around on the pool deck shouting 'Schneller schneller schneller!" and "Jawohl!" He was flirting with all the old ladies too. And really, as if this weren't funny enough, he then proceeded to do some serious cheerleader moves; aside from the ballet I have never seen a man kick his legs higher than his hips. I was blowing bubbles under the water line to hide my hysterics.
This morning I saw a really cool hot air balloon fly over the castle and ran to grab the binoculars. It was super cool close up and so was looking at the rest of the old city from our balcony. I also noticed that our neighbors yard wasn't just shimmering with the morning dew, it was actually COVERED in bubbles. Like they had blown bubbles to carpet the yard. All the bubbles were about the size of a ping pong ball. Anybody know what that is?? so weird. German fertilizer??
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Things I see and cannot photograph
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are hilarious!!! This totally made our evening. I'm sitting on the hotel bed, reading this outloud to John who's giggling just like I am. So funny. Well, now it's time to go try to hotel pool. Great timing with your story, eh?
Saw Yosemite today. Hiked a huge hill to the top of a huge waterfall. So cool. My legs are going to hurt so much tomorrow morning. I probably won't be able to walk, but who cares. It was awesome (but totally shouldn't have been listed as a "moderate hike").
What a hoot -- Captain Kangaroo in a bathing suit. Did it have big pockets?
Post a Comment