Thursday, September 20, 2007

daily bread

This is an example of some of the bread we pull out of that bakery bag below. I really like the variety of whole grain breads...it's never boring! (and it's sweet when Stefan brings home a whole grain heart.... ; )

On other bread notes: I've read through Acts recently (probably because Sunday morning sermons here have been on Acts lately!) and am again encouraged by how God always comes through (in different ways) for those who pursue Him. However, when we are weak, He is still with us, for like Paul quotes in his letter to Timothy: "if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself." (2 Tim 2:13). I'm sure there some theological unpacking to do there, but I also think the context is appropriate. We plug away.

This morning's mission is to renew what Dr. Walter Willett calls 'a cheap insurance policy' : daily vitamins. I ran out of my US bottle and will venture into my local Apotheke to see what they have. Apotheke's are kinda like a less-chemically charged CVS drugstore. They point you to more natural-based stuff first to see if that helps, then up the ante when that doesn't work. Makes sense! (sorry dad! - he works for a big pharma co.)

What's your daily bread like?

3 comments:

Antje said...

Hi Juliette!

I miss our German bakeries but I am happy to hear that you like it! David always said he didn't like the German "wood bread". :-)

One thing came to my mind when I though of you yesterday: Did you change your drivers license yet? If not, just do it as quickly as possible.

Have a nice day,
Antje

PS: I cracked up when I read about your German wallpaper problem... ;-)

Juliette said...

eee, no haven't changed it, but we read that a MA license isn't a big deal...we'll look into it nonetheless, thanks for the head's up!

ha, wood bread, no, i like the rolls ;)

Lucy said...

Our daily bread varies from white Wonder (for Will!) to English muffin bread (for dad). Going to have to find something more healthy for Stefan during the Christmas holidays, yay!

Love, MOM