So yesterday a friend called and said she wanted to take me out to breakfast- how cool! So off I went this morning to Cafe Vetter - a kinda fancy schmancy little spot in the Oberstadt (old part of the city) and we snagged a table that overlooks the valley (and I could see my house too!). So, breakfast out in Germany is pretty different than a trip to Lee's or Sugar Magnolia's in Gloucester! Good thing I knew that ahead of time! Here was our spread:A little reminiscent of a British high tea I once had: lots of spreads for the bread, a basket of rolls, a hard boiled egg, and your own little pot of something (I chose hot chocolate, my friend Anna had tea). It was fun - and the view and conversation were also fantastic!
Now we're off to GET OUR TABLE! whoo hoo! We'll be eating at a real table soon! No more coffee table meals!! hooray!
Saturday, September 29, 2007
german breakfast out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful German breakfast! I am happy (for your) that you enjoyed it! :-) Cafe Vetter is a very nice place- they even make their own pralines and other wonderful yummy things for Christmas. Try it out.
hmmm....sounds like we'll have to pack a cookie tin to bring back to the States for Christmas!
Post a Comment