Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Dubious cheers: It's Here! (?) the saga continues...

Soooooo....... the dishwasher was just delivered. Which I was really excited about - they rang, I buzzed the front door, and up they came with the dishwasher. I point them to the kitchen, I pass the note per our landlord's request that Stefan had written nicely asking them in German to please take the packaging with them. They unwrapped it and it looked good, but I was wondering...... Not having the German to say anything to my query I figured "ih, let them go, it's already unwrapped anyhow", so I signed the delivery statement and off they went.

I wiggled the thing around the tiny kitchen floor and pushed it flush to the counter. Hm...I was right. The dishwasher looks a smidge too tall to slide under the counter where the old one was. I will have to wait until Stefan gets home and deciphers the paperwork to figure out what to do. I'm hoping that there's some ingenious European design quality about this thing -- maybe little legs that adjust to accommodate things like crooked floors or landlords who can't measure....the saga continues!

No comments: