Saturday, August 18, 2007

Vonage phone: finally!

After waiting nearly 2 months for the monopoly called Telecom to show up.....yesterday they finally showed up and hooked up our DSL!! And this also means Stefan got to play with our Vonage phone stuff and managed to hook it up as well. HOORAY!

This means we have a USA phone number that will ring in Germany. So for all of you American readers who don't have any of the horrendously priced international calling plans, feel free to dial our new Indianapolis-based phone number (317 area code) and talk to us here in Germany!

Although this blog has settings to private I still am not too crazy about posting our number online, so if you want to get our number you'll have to post a response comment telling me and I'll email you. Yes, I'm holding our number hostage for the ransom of a 'comment'!! bwah ha ha ha ha (as my brother would say)

By the way, our phone setup is nowhere near as cool as the Bat Phone as you can see below.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Good Morning, I'm being held hostage at 7A.M. on a Sat? I think you knew I would bite!
Is the bike red or...? Are they making the fridges any bigger than when we were there?
Need to call SueMac to go out for coffee and find some good breakfast food. Imagining the rolls in the pack on the bike.
Cheryl had the baby on Tues due to preeclampsia. Would you like the web site to see pics and updates from Glenn?
Love, Beth

Karoliina said...

yeah, phone numbers this way...

Jorum and Evah are stuck in London (or maybe already on board of some unknown BA flight) after some 30 hours of travelling. Their flight got cancelled and of course BA isn't telling us where they are or which flight they'll be on. So fun fun fun, we'll be going to Logan tonight to check out both BA flights that are coming in, praying they'll be on one of those.

Lucy said...

Wow, all those phone wires! I am soooooo happy you are all hooked up now. It is wonderful to hear your sweet voice again.

LOVE YOU! MOM

Unknown said...

ok, you got me too. i need the phone # b/c i have to wish you a happy belated birthday! and my time on the internet is so scarce i barely have time to read what's going on with you guys, never mind make a comment. in fact, i am making this one right now with a sleeping baby in my arms- that's how patheic it gets sometimes. if i put her down she'll wake up and then i will get no time...