This was a busy weekend. (shocker huh?) Stefan's god-son had turned 11 a while ago and our gift was a 'mystery day'. Meaning this weekend we took him to a Flug Tag - flight day, for a local model airplane club that Stefan was a member of for so many years. Ruven had a blast and has totally caught the model-plane bug! Before we left we bought him a little model helicopter he'd been eying and for the 3 hours after we returned to his house he and Stefan figured out how to operate the thing.....I think the present was as much for Stefan as it was for Ruven!
We watched all of the models take flight sessions, saw some special guests, like a real glider did low fly bys and loops and landed smoothly, a ultra-light flown by two people swooped in and landed, several low flys by a cool looking helicopter, and at the very end several people mounted their hang-gliders and ran off the hill into the air. That was only day one! We didn't drive back down for day 2, but we suspect that Ruven may have roped his dad into taking him to day 2, complete with real antique planes arriving and doing stunts and so on.I have to say I wasn't too excited to do this for an entire day, but it was actually pretty cool! My dad and brother would have been in heaven (I should also say the male/female ratio there was nowhere near equal...ha ha!). The models we saw were really massive and there were tons of models with real jet engines - built entirely to scale, crazy! It was like being at a real air show, except the planes were smaller and the pilots couldn't die.
There are some super cool things in these pictures that should be noted, but I don't want to go on forever here. I will create a page on our website that explains it all and post a link here on the blog later. I know we have a few plane-geeks that will want to know ; )
Monday, August 13, 2007
Up, up, and away
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YES! Bloggers!! Can I be blogger beth?? Shall we all get fancily incognito recognizable? Does that make sense? Anyway, so glad to see more people appreciating your efforts. Missed you this weekend at the Barnacle Bazaar. What a good turn out. I got up some courage and was first into the dunk tank. I didn't stay my required time but after a few bumbs on the head from the seat coming up quickly and my inexperience(which is going to remain as I "won't be baaaack) After the headache stopped the back started to complain. Never knew I had so many other muscles. Great photos. No, GREAT photos. When will our room be ready? Love and miss you both, BB, blogger beth, beth grace,floyd's flower(can you tell it's me??)
Beth you're the best - love that you were in the dunk tank!! Wish i could've been there to take a shot...ha ha room is nearly ready...
Post a Comment