Thursday, August 16, 2007

Hausfrau...take 1

So since I don't have a real job per se (my medical-journal-paper-editing side jobs aren't really happening in the dead of german vacation month), and can't really call myself a student (since here that implies you're at the university doing a serious degree), and 'language learner' just doesn't have a ring to it, I just have to call a spade a spade: I am a hausfrau (housewife). This is especially true since my next German class isn't for another few weeks.

Today I will battle the dishes in my tiny sink (anxiously awaiting the arrival of the new dishwasher....whenever that may be) and be thankful for the new organizational shelf in the kitchen. Another big hurrah for Stefan and the bolt hammer! I'll probably unpack some more boxes and maybe help Stefan type up his sermon, too.

Also had to post a picture of this cute little bug whose mother is solving our curtain problem, too sweet not to post!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Juliette,

A puny number of dishes for a puny sink. Sorry, but sympathy here.

Anonymous said...

Let my try that again - hey, its still early. A puny number of dishes for a puny sink. NO sympathy here.

Juliette said...

i never get pity from Pete A!

Beth said...

Hi, Are those from one day or...........? None, nada, zilch sympathy here either.....Get washing! Then go for a bike ride on the red torpedo! Have fun sorting and cleaning and unpacking .......Beth