Sunday, July 29, 2007

Strinz

Today we drove 2hrs down to Strinz, the town next to the one Stefan grew up in. He has 2 old friends, Jan and Michael, who still live there and this morning was the infant baptism of Jan's little boy, Jakob. It was a beautiful little church followed by a nice luncheon that lasted all afternoon. This is the same state church where Stefan had his confirmation class so many years ago and really came to an understanding in his faith. Today's service was very much a traditional German state church kind of service, so that was something new for me to experience. Here are some photos of the day.




























This evening at our regular international worship service with Christustreff we were encouraged as we sang. I was asked to do the introduction next week, so that will be a first for me! We will also be meeting with a couple of people for dinner this week to discuss forming a small group for an english speaking Bible study. I know I'm supposed to be learning German, and I AM!, but your faith is so personal....it's something you really want to be able to articulate well when discussing with like-minded others, so we're hoping this works out.

Tomorrow our Ikea furniture should arrive and we will finally have a real bed! hooray! We are hoping it arrives earlier rather than later so we will have time to put it all together. Tomorrow I have my last day of class and my oral speaking part of the exam. I will also find out if I passed the course. I'm a little nervous because certain sections were pretty tough.....

1 comment:

Karoliina said...

Congrats on getting a bed! That's great news.