Tuesday, July 31, 2007

so close...and yet..

Well, I should first say that I passed my course, and although it wasn't with the most flying of colors....I still passed! I will say that my oral exam had a great score, so overall I'm happy with the results. A few of us went out to lunch at a cafe afterwards for celebration.

Celebrations are not really in order, however, for the Ikea delivery.....it arrived early in the morning, before I even had left for my exam, so I had my first experience driving through downtown Marburg solo since Stefan had to stay with the delivery guys. However we have the wrong size of slat-thingys that are the euro version of a boxspring, they are 10cm too wide.....we can't fit them in the Golf either (that was fun to try...) and waiting for Ikea to deal with the exchange process is ridiculous...all the phone time, automated machines, and another 10 days for delivery IF the correct size is even in stock.....really frustrating to be looking at a completed bed frame and mattress and yet have no way to put the mattress on the frame.....

We also had a sofa bed delivered, however the mattress was delivered rolled, so we have to wait 24 hours for it to re-shape itself...hopefully tonight we can at least sleep on the sofa bed...oh well.

Also we've been attempting to maneuver the German health insurance system....they really grill you on details here and make you pay more if you have bad eyes (ahem) and depending on your weight/BMI you get lower rates.....so this is really frustrating me. My prior surgeries (back in '97 and '99) could not allow us to get really great coverage. We could do less coverage, but it wouldn't cover the specialists I would need to see 1-2x/year. So we are searching for more companies to look at. hassle and a half.

Back to assembling the Ikea furniture and sipping camel's milk.

No comments: