Am face to face with a culture clash...I think Germany will win on this one: breakfast cereal has been a habit of mine for the past 28 years and now it seems that it might come to an end. After visiting many grocery stores here I am faced with the reality that I will never find Cheerios or any other cereal I have really liked in the past. The only things here are muselix (not on my favorite morning texture list at all), corn flakes, sugar covered corn flakes, sugar covered corn flakes with only half the sugar, chocolated drenched corn flakes, other chocolate intense cereals, and gray FrootLoops. I tried the Frootloops out of desparation and told myself the ink at the factory was probably off when it was printed.....no. They are indeed gray. And yellow. And the worst part is they taste gray too, like old, wet, newsprint. Sigh. I really love a bowl of cold cereal in the morning and I don't forsee this lasting much longer.
FYI: the typical German breakfast seems to involve cold sliced meats, hard rolls, butter, jam, (think of an American cold cut lunch) and the occasional hard boiled egg. Stefan eats this or a bowl of muselix. I'm going to have to learn to flex on this issue some how.
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Cereal crisis: Teddy vs. gray FrootLoops
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sounds like the paint color in your BR is adorable! A fresh coat in a neat color makes all the difference in the world!!
love, MOM
Post a Comment