Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Slowly but surely

That seems to be the theme of our lives, "slowly by surely", but it's also what always happens when you wait for a seed to germinate. Honestly, I think we've been waiting for at least 3 weeks now. Can you see the seedling?After lunch today I was outside, zooming in on the dirt, trying to detect anything, only to see nothing. Of course when Stefan came home he went out to check, paying me no attention as I called after him, 'I've already checked today and there wasn't anything!'. Barely had I finished getting it out of my mouth when his triumphal 'There are LOTS out!' reached my ears. Jumping up (yes, that's how exciting things have been around here today - I'm jumping out of my seat for seedlings) I run to inspect for myself. We counted 7 seedlings finally pushing their way out of the ground.
I can't wait until they grow up; they're climbing flowers growing in hanging windowbox containers. They theoretically will grow along the lines I've strung to cover the needs-paint-badly privacy screens on either end of our balcony. We're hoping they grow faster now that they're getting straight sunlight!

No comments: