I've been busy studying for my first exam, which is on Tuesday next week. This is for my Orientierungs Kurs. It's not expected to be difficult, but there's a section I regularly get confused on: how the German government is organized, duties of respective posts, and how the voting system works. The rest of the information (the 16 different states of Germany, national anthem, cultural, and historical high points) isn't difficult to remember. I need to pass it for my visa requirements, and while I'm sure I'll pass it, I'd like to do so decently.
I think it's odd that I have to know how voting works when I'm not allowed to vote. I can see that being part of a citizenship exam, but just for residency? I'm talking how the ballots here are pretty different than a US ballot, how you vote for a party, who then votes what they want...but not quite, it's confusing as you can see. Then there are possible coalitions (there are about 6 legit political parties here), and you have to know how that process works. It's very different than the US political system, yet similar enough to be confusing. Annoying.
The second exam is on Saturday, June 21. That's the Zertifikat Deutsch exam and will be a LOT of stress. More on that later.
Prayers are greatly appreciated!
Thursday, May 29, 2008
exams
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! for a minute I thought the PRESIDENT had been to your place!
They want everyone to know that Germany is a Democratic country, unlike the places where many of the Residents may have escaped from: like the Hobbs Dictatorship.
D
Your skills as a hostess have been talked about in all the high places. Now you've had political royalty??? Glad to get caught up on your news and exploits. So glad that Stefan has received the recognition he so deserves. Is there anything that you need to be sent to you? Salad dressing?? Love you both, Beth G
Post a Comment