Friday, May 16, 2008

Ronald and the polar bear

Polar bears seem to be a sensation here in Germany, at least the cubs are! First there was Knut (who made the cover of Vanity Fair), and now there's Flocke. Frank and Stefan collaborated to surprise Stefan's mom (who's been enjoying the media coverage of Flocke's zoo antics) with a trip to the Nuremburg Zoo to see Flocke in person. Antje doesn't know that Frank will be taking the train up from Munich to meet her at the train station - so it should be fun for her.This means we have Ronja for the day. I recently discovered that Frank sometimes calls Ronja by 'Ronald' just to be annoying. But I think it's really funny, so when she's in a funk I call her Ronald. I'm well aware that this is probably only funny to me and that most of you are just rolling your eyes like Stefan does.

It's a rainy spring day and we've been kicking it indoors - or rather she has, I still have to unearth the kitchen from 2 days of heavy cooking for various celebrations. -- Yesterday was an enormous veggie lasagna for some new-parent friends, Wednesday was the infamous carrot cake for the cookout.

No comments: