Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Still in the US - will post more on Jan. 15th!

Sorry dear readers! We are alive and well, just in the middle of our third and final week of our time over here in the good 'ole USA! Week one involved flying to Indianapolis, celebrating Christmas with Juliette's family and then kicking back for a few days.

On the 28th of December Stefan and I began a 17hr/1,000 mile drive to Gloucester, MA to visit dear friends. On January 4th we drove 592 miles in 12 hours (thanks Toronto rush hour) to Toronto to see Juliette's Grandmother and visit her aunt/family. On Sunday morning the 6th we drove another 570 miles in 10 hours from Toronto back to Indianapolis. Altogether we put over 2600 miles on the car (that's over 4160 kilometers!).

Now we're back in Indy and going full swing getting ready for Ingrid's big wedding this weekend. Relatives start arriving on Thursday, the rehearsal dinner's on Friday after the rehearsal at the church, the wedding and dinner are on Saturday, and the brunch at my parents is on Sunday.

Sunday evening we fly back to Germany and arrive in Frankfurt on Monday at noon. Tuesday morning Stefan has to teach and I'm supposed to be in my German class....lol, I know Stefan will be at school, but I'm wondering about me...

You'll hear more from us later - but probably not until next week on Tuesday! Lots of updates to post! See you then!

2 comments:

Lucy said...

We are having a GREAT time with Juliette and Stefan!!

Smiles, MOMO

Karoliina said...

I just wanted to gently remind you that it's already passed the 15th. In fact, it's the 17th, and I'm starting to wonder what happened to you guys.

Ps. I read the above comment and thought I had written it, you know for Moses (aka Momo), and just got really confused. Why did I leave this message and when? Why would I pretend to be my dog when I left the message? Of course, I then figured out that it's not from Momo the dog but Momo the mom. Mystery solved. My dog does not leave messages on other people's blogs, just like I thought.