I have a fan. You have no idea how happy it makes me - it is so hot here and (yes, i mean a REAL plug-in-the-wall-fan!) nobody has air conditioning exept one chain of bakeries. I can only sit in a bakery for so long.... Anyhow, yesterday we splurged and spent 16€ on what has turned out to be a decent fan. Hooray. Last night was the best night of sleep I've had since we arrived.
School again today. Sooo many handouts. We bought all my school supplies last night. Over 20€. Ridiculous how pricey stuff is. (that's not even the books)
Good news: the mechanic who's several villages away can do the car stuff for under half the price that the other place quoted us - phew! Now we have to figure out how to drop it off and pick it up when nobody we know has a car with time available during business hours to help. This could be interesting.
Bad news: all the smoking here is really getting to me. People can smoke in the school hallway and because it's so hot we have to keep the door open - however smoke just gives me bad headaches....this is prevalant everywhere, esp as I type here in the internet cafe. Can't wait until we get into our own apt and get the DSL hooked up.
Other good news: the Vonage device arrived yesterday. Thanks mom and dad for dropping some $$ to get it across the Atlantic! Our new address is supposed to be clear to go for DSL and the speed we need should also be no problem, so as soon as we move in and the cable is set, we'll plug in the device and see if it works. This will mean that we have a USA number ring over here in Germany! We'll keep you posted.
Thanks for the emails. love it. Keep them coming! Little english breaks are great!
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
My number one fan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like all is going as planned, sort of. =) It's ridiculous how much people smoke in Germany and even more, the fact that they do it EVERYWHERE. One of my least favorite things about the country... so I'm right there with you (except I don't feel the headache). Blessings! We'll have some news for you guys in a few days. Thanks for your prayers.
I am happy you got a fan! I'd better start brushing up on my German so that I can converse with you in your new language.:)
Is it conversational German or do you study the grammar rules, etc.?
When is moving day?
Momo
Post a Comment