Friday, June 15, 2007

Flintstones, Meet the Flintstones...

The other day we were on the Autobahn happily cruising around 80 mph in the slow lane when I heard this droning noise behind us. As I turned to look a black blur hummed past us in the fast lane and was suddenly gone - WOW - Did you see that?!?! How fast do you think he was going?! Stefan low-balled it at around 130mph - I think he was going twice what we were....it was amazing to see this new, black, sleek Mercedes doing what it was built to do! How cool......we went back to the 80mph in our rental.....feeling like the Flinstones....I'm prepared to feel like that more often - we just bought a car yesterday - a little dark blue 1995 Golf w/4 doors and 80,000 miles on it. No AC, but it was perfect for the price, just what we wanted! I'll have to post pictures later just to show you the goofy details that make it so German....ha ha.

Good news - I tested out of the first level of German class (saving us an extra 400€) and will start my class on Tuesday next week at 9am. I'll be glad to have some structure to my days but confess that I'm not a natural student, esp one of languages (even though I NEED to know this language!), so pray I find a groove.

Stefan has a contract with the school, not the beamte one we were expecting, but this still lets us get paid in the summer. He needs to see a cardiologist to complete some logistical stuff, be praying about this b/c it's a little more complicated that I can spend time typing here. We will need to maneuver a little with the change in expected funds.

Must go meet Stefan - he taught 2 classes this morning and then we have to rush to get plates for the new car so we can return the rental car early!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julliette, Sent an e mail before reading yours. God works pretty amazingly fast. He will take care of this situation with Stephan, even if it is a health problem for him it is best that you have found the problem early. So glad to hear of the good placement on the test. Way to go girl! Miss you already but have many reminders of you around the house...! Love you both, beth