Wow, early this morning we had about 3 thunderstorms go through the valley. I could hear them approach, hit, and then fade off. I haven't heard this kind of ruckus since I lived in South (usa). Just shows how hot and muggy it's been here. Of course, I finally don shorts and it's freezing and rainy all day. Go figure.
Ha, Stefan is outside the intenet cafe eating a döner. He loves them, I am totally grossed out by them. A kind of fast food where they shave meat off a giant rotating stick, it looks like a human leg, and stuff the meat in a pita with salad. Cheap eats. Messy too. Ew.
Stefan had to hike to a nearby village today, in the rain. He was helping another group project do visit a beekeepers farm and learn how they do all that honey stuff. Tomorrow is the last day of project week and then next week he's got a full set of classes to teach!
Last night we spent two hours in our new landlord's backyard. Goodness, he lives 30 minutes away! His wife had set up a whole spread in the backyard by their summerhouse. We signed the official lease and they talked about teaching (the landlord has been a teacher forever), and painting the apartment, and so on. They were proud to share a massive bottle of German Riesling with us. You can tell they are very proud of their home. They grow theirr own grapes too and make 40 liters of juice with just two rows of vines. Interesting. They are nice. Our apt is actually the one he grew up in, so I think he wanted to check us out. Nice time though!
Yesterday I braved the bus sytem and did fine. Phew! Good thing b/c it came in handy today with the pouring rain! Our new apartment has a stop right next to it, so that will make the wet and/or winter treks much simpler! We're on the market for a good bike for the rest of the time.
German class was much less smokey today, but stressful. We're going through a book and doing grammer at the same time. Dative-genders-prepositions.....ugh. SO confusing to me!! Stefan was a big help last night and drew me a chart. When I was looking at it in class today some class mates saw it and went nuts and the whole class was frantically copying it down! Stefan's good at explaining grammer stuff when needed, which is a good thing since he says he can charge 25-30€-hr as a tutor. Too bad he's too busy to do much of that! ha ha
Off to do my homework, we really got hammered with assignments today!
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Boom, Crash, Thunder and Lightning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello Jules, I love your side notes and sound effects. You explain well enough to choke on the smoke . I remember being overwhelmed by the smoke in shops and restaurants. What an adventure you are having!!! Love Beth
Post a Comment