Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thank you and Please

It's hard to remember one's manners when the speed of life picks up. Since we started this blog, it's been mainly me, Juliette, who has posted entries here. It's more my 'thing' as Stefan puts it. So far, so good. But with the move and all the blah-blah-ing that goes with it (floor, kitchen, etc) I don't want this blog - the blog about US - to turn into the blog about the apartment. So I gave the apartment it's own blog.

This is nice for me because I like to process things via writing. This is also nice for those of you who've been going "oh, more apartment stuff". I also hope to one day utilize one of those companies out there who'll turn your blog into a little hardback book. A digital-to-print journal of sorts. So for the time being, the apartment gets it's own little blog. I'll still be posting here regularly, but when there's a topic I realize could become it's own mini-novel about some aspect of the apartment, I'll just refer to it here, and write it over there. It sounds way more complicated than it really is. Let's give it a try, shall we?

Thanks for the prayers about the apartment and the landlord situation. We're showing the apartment regularly, and will be hosting an open house on Sunday afternoon. One couple visited on Monday who seemed particularly fitting - both employed by the university and married and settled. Stefan called our landlord to give him a head's up and he seemed very receptive to them. The couple sent us an email saying they would be meeting our landord in person today. So we're praying "Please let it work out!". They even like the paint colors!
Thanks for prayers about the kitchen issues. We bought it yesterday after sitting in the kitchen area of Ikea for nearly 4 hours! Mega thanks to the awesome Ikea worker who hashed out all the details with us and skipped two breaks and his dinner to see us through to the end. You can read more about purchasing the kitchen here. It should arrive in just over a week and we're still trying to figure out how to go about putting it together. Please pray for us regarding deciding what to do - at this point it will be either very time consuming (when there isn't a lot of time) or it will be very expensive (which is less than thrilling).

I decided not to take the rowing course, thank you very much. I didn't feel like paying for the stress induced by dealing with such ancient equipment. I'll be checking out the rowing club later.

In other news, our Hauskreis group finally finished the book of Romans. Good times. We haven't decided what we're doing next. I really like our Hauskreis group; people get involved in the content and have discussions. We speak Genglish, a German-English hybrid. We have German Bibles, English Bibles, even a Chinese-German Bible! Here's some of the people in our group when we met at our house this week:
Please pray for Stefan this week especially, but also in the weeks to come. He is totally swamped with work, 90% of which I'm unable to help alleviate. (I did try to prep the new apt floor today, but it didn't work out.) A collegue is out sick until the next school year, so Stefan had to take her class over in addition to the class he currently manages. This means lots more meetings, lots more parents calling him when he's not teaching, and lots more things to grade. He has a lot less time for things like dealing with new apartment issues (electricity bills, floors, etc), figuring out how to make time to take everything apart in this place and reassemble it in the new place, AND put the kitchen together from scratch. He also is supposed to be preaching in both Sunday morning services this Sunday. It's the first time he's ever done a Sunday morning service here, so he's a little stressed. Please pray that when he carves out quiet time his mind and heart will also be quiet.

Thank you for keeping up with us!

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Loved the blog entry and can't wait to check out the apt. blog! Will pray for Stefan's sermon, new tenants for yor apt., etc. etc. We're having a good time in TO, and more on that later!

Love, MOM, Dad, Will