Friday, May 15, 2009

Extra prayer needed for Sunday

Many of you may already be aware of this, but our church, where Stefan will be preaching in both Sunday services this weekend, has come under a community media attack over the church's support of a conference happening in town the following weekend. I'm not sure of all the details yet myself, only that this church is being singled out more than others as being a "back current in the Protestant stream", something else akin to hatemongers, etc. Pretty nuts, HUGELY unfounded, and wow, I'm pretty flabbergasted. This church is fairly "Protestant Lite" I'd say, so I'm not sure where these accusations are coming from, but it's nasty. Negative phrases have already been spray painted on the church and any other religious buildings in town. (Stop the conference, Fight religion, etc)

Please pray for Stefan as it could be a very public set of worship services this weekend. Also, I'm sure some conversation will come up at his school next week as many colleagues are aware that he attends this church and preaches in other services on occasion. Please also pray for the church and Christians as a whole in this town. Messy stuff.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Praying for Stefan and your church!

Love, MOM and DAD

Karoliina said...

I find this HUGELY interesting, and I totally understand it based on the cultural surroundings of my current location... I can almost feel your frustration. Please keep me updated! Call when you need to vent or want to pray. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers this weekend. What an opportunity for God to work.