Well the written exam went well. I was once again witness to RAMPANT cheating, like I've never seen before. There's no way the teacher didn't see some of this, but what do you do? Also, a week ago, one of the other teachers showed us a copy of today's exam on a series of overheads and we worked through each question as a class. Now, he didn't say outright it was the exact exam we'd be getting (we did do lots of old exams for practice), but he did keep saying "You didn't see this from me".... I will not go into the huge ethical can of worms that opened for me and another fellow American in my class. It's one thing for a teacher to give hints, but the whole exam?? Arghhh!!
I sat in the back today when I took our written exam (reading comprehension, listening comprehension, grammar, and text production) and could see everything everybody was doing - at which point I realized that exam proctors should always sit in the back of the classrooms and in the future I should sit in the front row to avoid the distractions and personal fits of indignation. I digress. Suffice to say the written section is over and I think I passed. Friday morning will tell me if I passed and by how much. If I passed, then it will also be the day I endure the oral exam. Which I'm not super stressed about, but am trying to stay on my game somehow.
PS- Yes, if we actually reviewed the whole test in class a week ago, and tons of people had copied down the questions AND the answers and then passed them around, then yes, I too wonder at why there was such BLATANT cheating today. I literally saw whole sheets of test material being traded around. And no, reporting wouldn't really do any good since the teacher and 98% of the students participated.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Exam Update: More Cheats and Oral on Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment