I'm pleasantly surprised by the number of requests I've had asking to see what sort of Advent wreath we have going this year. It's actually not too different from the one we had last year, as you can see below.

This year we've added some wicker sphere and star anise action.

I really wanted some off-white candles this year, but Stefan really wanted the red ones since that's what he grew up with. So he ran out and picked up some red ones. They are the coated kind, meaning red on the outside and white on the inside (hence my choosing not to photo an already used candle). I'm not thrilled, but since I know we'll likely have to replace all of them before the month is up, I'm not going to fuss too much. As it would be, after I set mine all up and had the red/cream discussion with Stefan, we visited his mother in Giessen who, upon making her Advent wreath supply purchase, said she really liked the cream candles and thought they really looked lovely and I should try that sometime. Stefan and I exchanged
those kind of glances....
Regardless, it is a lovely wreath. An American friend from my class joined me in supply shopping and building. She wants to learn a traditional craft/recipe from every country she visits, so this seemed an appropriate representation of Germany. It was also pleasant because during our hours of Advent-wreathing, our conversation came to the point where I realized that she, too, valued the meaning behind the Advent wreath and
the reason for the season.
5 comments:
How beautiful!!!
The Advent Wreath is beautiful.I'm not sure if I prefer red or white candles. Red is nice at Christmas. I like white too.
Sunday, our minister Winston was preaching on the Advent theme. They had different colours for each day.
I guess different colours can symbolize different things in the bible.
love,Oma Hobbs
Beautiful!!
I had a hard time (again!!) to find unscented candles. They are gold this year, which was absolutely not my choice but better than a 'smelling' advent wreath. :-) I like white or red candles.
This is sooooo pretty! I want one.
Love, MOM
awww...I miss Marburg now :) That was such a great time of year.
Post a Comment