Sunday, December 2, 2007

Take 2: Giessen WeihnachtsMarkt

Yesterday we spent the afternoon in Giessen visiting Stefan's mom and all visiting the Giessen WeihnachtsMarkt. This Markt is much bigger than the 6-stall Marburg one. We walked all over the place and saw some new things in addition to what we'd already seen here in Marburg. We enjoyed waffles, saw and smelled some bratwurst, and these giant decorated cookie things seem to be pretty popular since they were everywhere.













We also picked up Advent wreath makings. In the past I have used a form that my friend, Joan, gave me, but this year it's still in a box in the basement with all our china (can't unpack until we have cabinet space...argh) I bought a green wreath and they also sold little packets of things you could use to decorate your wreath. So this year we have cinnamon sticks, dried apples, and pine cone type things on ours. It was a fun little project today.






























We also have a second Advent calendar. Stefan's mom received an extra one with something, so we brought it home and hung it up in the front hall. This isn't a great picture, but you get the idea: lots of felt stars that you can stuff with treats. So Stefan has a calendar and I have one, we're so diplomatic!

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Such a great picture of you and your advent wreath! Like the look of those waffles, too!

Love, MOM

Antje said...

I love your Adventskranz!!! Good job, it looks beautiful. I always thing for hours what to put on and what not. :-)