Saturday, December 1, 2007

Decking the halls

FYI: Germans go NUTS over Christmas! December 1 is the first day of all the chaos and the preliminary town decorations have been going up in the past weeks. All stops will begin to be pulled starting today, December 1. Stay tuned to this blog, we'll give you a play-by-play.

I haven't pulled the little box of Christmas decorations up from the garage yet, but I did get a little festive yesterday hanging up a couple of things. Advents calendars abound and I picked up a pretty paper one back when my dad was in town (thanks dad!). I found some ribbon, a straight pin, and a pre-existing microscopic hole in the wall and up she went! - We still haven't hung anything in the LR; when you have to use a bolt-hammer to get in the wall, you get a little tentative!
I also hung up some snowflakes. I think they are supposed to be table runners, but we have a round table and I liked them better festively hanging with our curtains. (btw- there's a funny story about those roses and why they are in that random vase, but maybe later)












And I know, Germans don't really decorate until the day or two before Christmas, but you have to remember that half the people in our house were born and raised with American Christmas traditions, so we'll be doing a little mixing!

2 comments:

Karoliina said...

Oohhh, your home just looks so lovely I can't wait to visit! Good job with the table clothe-thingies as curtains, looks great. We are looking forward to your visit, counting days now. We miss you!

Lucy said...

I love the snowflakes on the curtains!

Mom