Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Smells like Christmas!

We had a fabulous visit with the Whites on Sunday - so fabulous that I didn't even think to take a picture, which is too bad. We had a nice walk into town to see the Weihnachtsmarkt and then after braving the cold for a bit we came back to our house to warm up with some chili. Joel preached at the service that night and it was great - a sermon the congregation really was able to sink it's teeth into!

Yesterday was my last day of German class and now we're on holiday break. We resume a day before we get back from the States, so I'll enjoy my nice vacation from class. Today and tomorrow are big baking days.....BIG! Tatijana gave us a lovely jar of homemade lemon curd, so I'm going to replentish our cookie supply with some little sugar cookie-lemon curd sandwiches. Our Hauskreis (small group Bible study) is meeting at our place tonight and I think the cookies won't last long...

Tomorrow I'll be baking and wrapping all day, too. Stefan's homeroom group, the 5th grade class, will have a little Christmas party on Friday morning. They plan to have breakfast together - which means bread and sausage! Many of them will bring sweet treats too. Stefan wants to give each student a little something, and we decided that a little bag of sugar cookies with American sugar sprinkles per student would be easy and affordable. Apparently colored sugar sprinkles (red and green, etc) are novelties here....? People ask me if I got them here, and I just threw them in my spice box when we packed up our US house. Who knew?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Despite the cold and the rain, you manage to make Christmas look cozy warm and I can almost smell the cookies!

Don't forget your recipies when you are packing for Indianapolis!

D

Juliette said...

no packing needed, they are all in the cookbook Ingrid received at her bridal shower!