Thursday, December 20, 2007

Santa's laundry basket

So this is what I've been staring at for the past 2 days. I'm past the point of nibbling on the raw cookie dough, I'm THAT tired of it! However, day 2 had a great and fantastic helper, my friend Hillary, who rolled and cut out so many cookies, thank you so much!! Honestly, I don't know if I could've finished it solo, I was so tired from standing up for over 4 hours on Wednesday. But the efforts paid off: the little sandwich cookies with Tatijana's lemon-lime curd inside were super tasty!And all the kids in Stefan's 5th grade class have their own little bag of sugar cookies (and one chocolate) that even has their own name on it and a personal note from the teacher. Take that Martha Stewart!Santa (i mean, stefan) will not be stuffing the cookies in his bag, just in our only laundry basket. His sleigh has changed into our clunker VW Golf (enter via the passenger door locks, turn tail lights on by slamming driver door as you go around a corner), but I think the children will be just as happy!
Tonight we attended the school Christmas play and I met a number of his little 5th grader students who were all about 3 inches tall and either super shy or eagerly chattering about tomorrow morning's breakfast-Christmas party. We were serenaded by xylophones, plastic recorders, and a boy soloist whose voice is cracking, really cute! I think the sweetest thing was hearing lots of little children's voices singing in German. When little kids speak a foreign (to me) language I just think it's the sweetest thing!

2 comments:

Antje said...

Good job! They look very yummy! :-)

Stefan must be sooo proud of you!

Lucy said...

Was the party a success? Did the kids like the cookies??

MOMO