Friday's class went well. Most people were able to make the first class, but only one of my biomed students. Here you can see our classroom (and my bag and purse, I was early!).
I will have a larger teaching role in the classes to come, so maybe more stress will come with that...? The first class was mainly an introduction followed by a lecture on tables and figures. I usually only deal with captions, so didn't have too much to add in terms of content. I like the informal seminar style that we're using and think over the course of the next year it will be a profitable time for everybody. There are still some bugs to work out, but overall I think this will be a good experience. It's also nice to be hosted in the Graduate Center because drinks and snacks are provided during the 3 hour monthly class!
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
First Class
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So Professional looking! Very nice environment for teaching, you will need the snacks and drinks to break up a 3 hour session. Proud of you!
Dad
Post a Comment