Monday, October 12, 2009

Duck Race

Enterennen means "Duck Race" and that's what we went to watch yesterday afternoon. Our town is enjoying a fall celebration weekend and one of the activities was a duck race. Participants had the chance to purchase a yellow rubber duck and decorate it as much as they wished. Each duck was also numbered. Here are some of the ducks on display:


I liked the blue Zorro duck - wasn't really getting the furry duck...


They were pretty crazy! See the Pippi Longstocking duck?


The local water rescue crew set up a ring to collect the boatload of ducks.


Sadly, they didn't really disperse when they were released. There wasn't much of a current that day and the wind was constantly changing. However, it was fun to go out and see!

1 comment:

Andrew Jones said...

So I have this sister-in-law that is in love with rubber duckies. She has an entire bathroom in her house devoted to different styles. The Star Wars cast, Zorro, all of it. I thought it could only be possible with her...I stand corrected. Very cool!