Today it was so sunny and nice we voluntarily hung some laundry to dry on the balcony and biked in to town to run a few errands. It's nice that Stefan is on his two week Easter break from teaching and we can have some hang time. We went up to the Marktplatz to our favorite spot, Edlunds, and had giant salads and a bottle of fizzy water for lunch.Then we bought me a pair of new house shoes. I only had some boiled wool clogs that are great when it's colder, but turn kinda gross if I've been biking around town when it's warmer and then slip them on. I think I'm turning German a bit because the idea of wearing Birks out of the house now seems kind of frumpy to me - which is funny because I'm not the most hip person on the streets! But you'll NEVER catch me wearing socks and sandals outside like a lot of Germans - I can promise you that!
Stefan went to get his hair cut and I came home and am enjoying the fresh forsythia and mini daffodils in the living room. Stefan brought almost half a bush in yesterday for me to make the Easter egg tree and decorate the room a bit! He also worked in the yard a bit and planted a few rows of the sunflower seeds we dried and saved from last year. I'm glad he's had a bit of time to be outside in the garden, it's really therapeutic for him.
Tonight we're going to a Sneak Preview at the movie theater. They're showing it in English, so it must be a recent biggie from the States to warrant this sort of event. Also nice because Sneak Previews are cheep cheep! I wonder what it is??
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Spring in my step
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The egg shell flower pot is a great idea for Easter! Nice arrangement...the bird looks like it has rigor mortis. The painted eggs from the previous blog are very crafty... the historical costume looks very much like the ones they have in Denmark with the crossed sash. Remember the folk dancers at Tivoli?
Dad
I know, I love the little eggshell pot! The whole arrangement thingy was only about 6 euro; I love the cheapy flower shop! I'm going to use the eggshell pot in the kitchen when Easter's over and the plants currently residing pass on.
I remember Tivoli - and the Orient Express roller coaster! and the Flying Carpet (barf)
I love your yellow flowers against that blue wall. How beautiful. Hope you guys have a wonderful celebration of Easter. Barb
Good Resurrection Morning Jules and Stephan
Love Floyd and Beth
Post a Comment