Friday, April 24, 2009

Poll: which kitchen layout?

here's another one. Keep in mind the slanted ceiling problem and the happy fact that we have a walk-in pantry adjacent to this room.

*** You can right click and open the picture in a new tab to see the images in a larger size! ***

6 comments:

Allison said...

Hi Juliette, Just a quick hello since I may not be able to get back to you so quickly. Great blog! It looks like you and your husband are going through what we did last May... lots of work. I picked the first kitchen because I think the dinner table is so important because it really allows you to have family time. We had our under cabinets raised to the 96cm height. It was strange at first, but my also tall husband really loves it. Good luck with your decisions.
Allison

Barb said...

It's all overwhelming for sure -- but I have to say, you truly amaze me with all your abilities to add these polls, bring in pictures (from who knows where) to your blog and all the fancy things that can be done with a computer nowadays! Afraid, I'm not quite there -- not sure I ever will be.

Anonymous said...

Where is the stove?
Hi Jules, So this is why we haven't gotten a phone call lately??? Busy, busy!!
I like the table and chairs against the wall as it gives some separateness(?) Love you both, Beth

Anonymous said...

Hi J,
It's Bethany--
Re: the last arrangement, I wonder whether you and S would like facing the wall when sitting. I personally dislike to do so, unless there's a window. Will you have a larger dining table in another room?

Juliette said...

Yep, we have a large dining room and a good-sized table to go in it. So I'm really just looking for a little informal eating area in the kitchen.

oh - and there's a 'window' on that one wall made of glass blocks to let light in from the big skylight in the pantry. But yeah, nothing super duper. =)

Juliette said...

ps - Beth - the oven is in the wall cabinet, I wanted it higher up. So the cooktop is to the left of it.