Thursday, April 16, 2009

Home at last?

We think we may have found THE apartment. Key word being 'think'. There are a few things to work out, like we need the garage that is 'possibly' available to rent. And the downstairs tennent appears to be very anti-children, so that has to be worked out. We shall see. The price is right, the location is great, and we're pretty impressed overall. Stefan would still be able to bike to work and a huge selection of grocery stores is also within walking distance. Of course the inside isn't perfect, but with our list of requirements I doubt short of divine intervention that we'll ever get it all! You can check it out here.

4 comments:

Barb said...

Looks great!! I still regret that we don't have a fireplace in our house (after 24 years!) but I love the rest of the house so I can live with it. If the location is good, price is good, floor plan is good, it's clean and not falling down around you -- grab it!! You're right -- there's no perfect place, I guess, unless you build it yourself. Love the vanity plate -- how sweet, he is!

MS said...

I know you must be so excited. It looks perfect. What are some of the requirements?

Karoliina said...

I like it and would love to sleep under the skylight looking at the starts as I'm about to fall asleep. Hmmm... do you think you could position the guest bed right under the skylight? =) But seriously, the floors don't look "that" bad, just a little bad. The dining room ceiling is amazing.
Congrats on the car.

Juliette said...

Our requirements include: kitchen already installed, at least a good balcony, but preferably nice yard usage, square footage, not-thin walls/floors, good storage either in basement or other room, parking place, or pref. a garage. We have 2 bikes we use almost daily and we don't want to just keep them locked to a post outside, we'd like a garage for them, and on hotter days/snow/pouring rain, we'd put the car in the garage. We also need a good place to put the washer and dryer.

So this place is killer square footage considering price and location. We would still have to buy a whole kitchen, finagle the washer/dryers around the apt, and figure out the potential garage rental. Integrating a GREEN fireplace into our decor is going to be interesting, but we can deal. We also would only have a balcony, but at least it looks over to nice stuff.

I hope this place works out. I'm a little scared to plan a whole kitchen space with our budget, but it would be fun in some ways. We're going to meet another tennent today like an interview type thing.