Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Breakfast things

As I was munching on my strawberry müsli this morning I ran across this fantastic post on the German breakfast table and how it compares to an American one. I thought it would be interesting to re-post here. Click here to check it out.

By the way, Allison is a very talented seamstress and makes lovely bags with lovely fabric, so check out her shop here. Seeing projects like hers make me want to own a sewing machine and make something half as good!

7 comments:

Barb said...

Every household needs a sewing machine of some sort, whether or not you are an accomplished seamstress -- repairs, simple hems, etc. Wish you lived around the corner still -- we could sew. :)

Juliette said...

Me too Barb! You're an accomplished seamstress yourself! and as far as repairs: Joan T's tip on going over new towel hems was right on. Not that I did it, but Tatjana White and I had a sewing day last fall and I ended up repairing almost all of my towels at her house!

Barb said...

Not that sewing is the only reason I wish you were around the corner still. :[

Juliette said...

How about Stefan and I try our best to get out there for a Christmas visit?

Barb said...

I'll put it on the calendar! Yahoo! Do I tell anyone at church - at least, the non-blog people???

Juliette said...

here's the scoop: we are supposed to fly to Indy for Christmas with my folks this year, so we're wanting to somehow figure a way out to Lanesville to spend a chunk of time there, too. All the details have yet to be worked out! So you can tell folks that's how it stands. =)

Barb said...

Hooray!!! :)