Saturday, September 6, 2008

Wedding, round two

So we went to another wedding last weekend. It was so hot and sunny that I just couldn't bring myself to wear black, it just felt so wrong! So I wore a long, linen, off-white skirt and, of course, as soon as I walked into the church, I felt considerably out of place and wished I'd worn my long, black skirt instead. How dreary!The occasion was anything but dreary and I'm so bummed that I didn't get a picture of the bride and groom. Wow they were glowing! SO happy! They've been together for years and this day was a long time coming - truly a day to celebrate! The service was such a joyous one, and, I thought, really reflected who they are.
Later on we enjoyed a reception in a nearby village, in a function hall that reminded me of our barn reception. It was so pretty! They served a really nice white fish which was such a great treat. I really miss buying fresh fish from the markets in Gloucester and Rockport! There was an evening program that was also especially nice as many of the bride's family were talented musicians. Her brother's trumpet playing was superb, both during the ceremony and the evening program. He also played several pieces with a cellist and pianist which I really enjoyed. Definitely a lovely evening! Many blessings and congratulations to Samuel and Johanna!

No comments: