Sunday, March 29, 2009

Looking

If you're interested in seeing 2 apartments we looked at this week from nice landlords, you can see one in a little village by clicking here and another one in a different village, but situated on a now non-operating farm by clicking here. Unfortunately neither apartment will work out for various reasons, but it was nice to finally at least interact with some pleasant landlords!
Moving to a village requires at least one car purchase and possibly 2. I actually really like the idea of living in a village for all the green and peace and quiet it would offer. Getting in a car to do everything isn't a foreign concept to me as an American, BUT as an American living in Europe I am quite aware how expensive that would be with all the German prices involved. It's really too, too bad that it's so expensive; I'm so tired of living in a city setting!

I made these online albums initially to help us process the visits, but also to show my mom and sister State-side what we're even looking at. We ask if it's ok for me to take pictures, but even still, I always feel like a spy running around taking pictures with my tiny camera!

4 comments:

Karoliina said...

It looks like spring has arrived in Germany. Not that I'm jealous or anything. We just had a wonderful snow storm and now it's back to the cheerful ever-grey sky. (I'm depressed.)

Anonymous said...

A foreign agent from the American CIA no doubt! Seems everyone has a camera these days. It is snowing and grey in Indianapolis too! 8-(
The poor trees are trying to bloom and the Red Robins are sitting in the middle of the street wondering what to do. Dad

Barb said...

Oh rats -- they both looked really nice. And the area surrounding them both looked lovely -- so picturesque. God has the right place for you.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are wise about looking for the truth and the whole story, and weighing all the costs and benefits. Be patient, when you see the right one, you'll be able to compare it to all the other for pros and cons.

Happy Apartment hunting! By the way the cakes look delicious!

love,
Grandma H.