We went and we looked and we walked out. We won't be back.
I never cease to be amazed at how ridiculous some landlords are: "Just LOOK at how wonderful this space is! And the current renters have decided to offer the kitchen for free; it's fantastic!"
I want to respond with something like, "Look, let's just call it what it is: a nasty falling apart kitchen (so no wonder they're offering it for free, tearing it out will be a pain) in a dark and dirty apartment with it's only toilet in a closet-I mean room-with no windows and a sink the size of the spit bowl at the dentist's office. This is why you have the rent at this price. Oh, and we're pretty sure you're lying about the square footage. And while we're being honest, we'll tell you no thanks, honestly."
It is not a renter's market here folks. We once again witnessed landlords who, after arriving in a 2010 black/silver leather interior Mercedes S Class, actually preen themselves in front of prospective renters, literally sashay around the apartment like it's a catwalk (men and women, I'm not kidding), while we, along with the sea of about 15 other prospective renters tramp around the supposedly 800 square foot apartment. They're pretty certain that no matter what they have to offer, it's a steal, and it would be a privilege for us to rent from them.
Upon my word.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Another no-go
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sooo negative! Glad to see you have good awareness of the rental situation and the landlords! Next time ask them how they calculated the living area...measure the building's external length and width and multiply? Don't worry, you will know when you find the right one...just like you knew Stefan was "the right one". Keep shopping.
Dad
Oh I think you really REALLY miss the USA. Come home!! We have an empty room with Sue and Mac gone. It is 10 x 10. and I'll gladly share the kitchen. Love and miss you both, Hugs , Beth
ok thats hilariously horrible about the sink the size of a dentist spit sink! EW! lol
Post a Comment