Our computer died last week - just as I was about to upload pix for the blog. It's been in the shop for over a week and today when we picked it up they told us that it's basically on it's last legs and to work on getting a new one as soon as possible. We don't have an extra chunk of change to do that just now, so I may be offline for long chunks of time. I'm not partial to the smoky and overpriced internet cafe downtown, but slogging though 100+ emails in my inbox tonight wasn't fun either. This is annoying to say the least. So, a few critical updates:
- The computer situation - it's dire, but at least everything is safely backed up.
- My german classes started again - LOTS of homework, suddenly everything else takes a backseat and this is making life a little nutso.
- Stefan got his official papers of tenureship - Beamte - he's official, and we still want to move on to other things...hm.
- Last weekend we had our friends Britton, Sarah, and baby Madeline visit us - SO FUN! We are SO happy they're stationed in Germany! We can't wait to see more of them and we also can't wait until we get to meet up with Karoliina and crew! It's kind of surreal seeing American friends this side of the pond!
- On November 7th I have a job interview at one of Marburg's top 3 employers, a massive, international pharmaceutical company. I just sent in an application, so I have no idea what kind of job they think I might be a good fit for, so this should be interesting. I have experience in different things, have a degree in Youth Ministry and Theology and yet am meeting with the head of the Clinical Research and Development Department as well as a rep from the Human Resources Department. Interesting. This job interview will be conducted in GERMAN.....right, and I thought English job interviews made me nervous! Please pray as I try to prep my vocab and self-confidence for this interview!
Thanks for the prayers!
4 comments:
Glad you're back online - at least for now. Praying for your interview!!
Love, MOM
Looks like the computers die everywhere right now! Our laptop is also gone.. :-(
Good to hear from you though!
Good luck with class and for the interview!!
Be blessed,
A.
Ohhhh nooooooo - an interview in GERMAN!!!??? I'll pray that God will open their eyes so they can see what a gem they have sitting before them and they'll snatch you up! Keep us posted!
Congratulations to Stefan! Tenured positions are very difficult to find these days and more difficult to achieve. This is a good reflection of the capabilities that Stefan has been blessed with.
I know he will be a good coach for your interview!
D
Post a Comment