Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sifting

I'm going to update on the trip, I promise! I'm starting German class tomorrow and have been trying to get some organizational projects done around the house before school starts again. I've also been sifting, sifting, sifting through all the vacay pix to organize which ones to post when. 


I also just finished reading Out of Africa by Karen Blixen (so good, now I want to see the movie again!), read most of Corrie ten Boom's In My Father's House - which, oddly enough, was in our little holiday apartment, and have since started Diane Ackerman's The Zookeeper's Wife - which is really interesting. 
I'll start posting on the trip in the next 24hrs...stay tuned!

4 comments:

Karoliina said...

Can't wait!!!!

Karoliina said...

Man oh man, your 24 hours is a flexible term...

MS said...

Jules! I just made it to your blog! I love your layout!! Did you design it or what's the deal?? And would you recommend The Zookeeper's Wife as a good read to pick up at the library? I need something. Bless you guys!

Juliette said...

just finished the Zookeeper's Wife - and it was good. It's definitely a non-fiction read and the author does what one reviewer said best, she "dumps her notebook into the text" meaning that she goes off on random tangents (like about the variety of trees in eastern Poland) often and I skimmed those sections. BUT it was worth a read for sure!

And I already wrote you back about the blog - thanks! =) you can also do a search on here to find a little more on the process.