Thursday, November 22, 2007

uh...my double decker oven?




yeah, not quite.










Since it's Thanksgiving I'll spin it positive: YAY! I can stagger-stack my two cake pans and it actually came out ok looking. So even though my cookie sheets won't fit in my little German oven (standard sized) at least I can stack my cake pans.

YAY! that the oven thermometor that my mom sent works so that I can see how this oven is about 300 degrees F hotter than it says it is. (all it does is get hotter and hotter and hotter, etc. I have the preheat-then fan out the heat-then put cake in oven-turn down oven-then cook for half the time- method going here). This cake baked in 15 minutes. Seriously.

YAY! I can make this super tasty pumpkin cake since my dad brought four large cans of canned-pumpkin puree =) =) And even though I had only half as much brown sugar as I needed I was ok finishing it off with regular sugar. I'm also cautiously optimistic that I can either buy brown sugar in the Asian grocery store OR make my own with molasses and granulated sugar.

I'm taking the cake (and it's cream cheese frosting) to school tomorrow to share a little slice of American Thanksgiving flavors. I've made it twice now for different occasions and can honestly say this recipe's a keeper! I wonder what they will think.

**will add this makes better cupcakes than it does cake. I just didn't feel like stacking cupcake trays tonight, it's waaay more precarious!

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Zowie! Incredible improvisation. So proud of you! Happy Thanksgiving! We are getting a little snow in Indiana today.

Mom :-)