not a crumb left. Stefan was seriously bummed! I even was asked to write the frosting recipe on the board, ha ha. There I was trying to figure out how many grams 2T butter was equal to - I settled on 30 grams.
And then the teacher said how the American Amish were kinda like the Puritans.....uh yeah, so then she made me stand up in front of class and explain what made the Amish different from the rest of America. Little-black-horse-drawn-buggy-with-orange-triangle-reflector was just NOT in my present German vocabulary! It was easier when she made me describe the history of Thanksgiving auf Deutsch!
No, I won't forget this Thanksgiving...ha ha - right up there with the randomness I had for the Thanksgiving of '98, out of money and hungry in Luxor, Egypt. My friend Kristie bought me a apple pie from McDonald's, ha. For the rest of that trip I was munching on stale sticks of bread and gulping water....oh boy, college!
Friday, November 23, 2007
that would be a yes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We are going to try the recipe! But tell poor Stefan that he will have chocolate cake for Christmas!!
MOM
Hi Juliette, What an adventure! You will love looking back on this time! We will hire you for our personal guide. Glad all is well. Miss you both, Beth
Post a Comment