Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Back in time for a birthday

We're baaaack! Summer has flown this year due to a huge rush of work-related things for me at the beginning of Stefan's 6 weeks of school vacation, but then we took off on our Great Scandinavian Road Trip for a few weeks.

BW collage Stefan 661

I'll be posting more about it over time, but we definitely had a blast! I printed out a few pictures as part of Stefan's birthday present and we'll be hanging them on the wall in the living room later this week.

S birthday collage 2010 B 661

After our birthday morning at home, followed by a nice time at the church in Erda, we enjoyed a traditional birthday afternoon at his mom's house. She had made a traditional birthday cake (the small chocolate covered one with the taper stuck in the middle) as well as his favorite Apfelweinkuchen. He also received some lavender and a sunflower to brighten up our balcony. Now we're looking at enjoying this last week of summer vacation before he has to head back to work next Monday!

4 comments:

MS said...

That all looks so nice Jules! What a blessed husband you have ;). All our love! Megan

Lucy said...

Love the birthday pictures!!

MOM

Allison said...

Hi Juliette... I hope you had a great trip! It was so nice meeting you both. I have been wondering when you would get the chance to post some pics from your trip, but I imagine that things have probably been a whirlwind and the dust has not quite settled yet. At least that's how I feel when I go places and come back to a big pile of work on my desk. Please pass on "Herzlichen Glückwunsch" from Hamburg to Stefan... what would a birthday be without Kuchen and the Gerburtstagtisch? What a sweet and thoughtful present!

Juliette said...

Allison - I just put a card in the mail for you today! =) We loved meeting you guys too and would welcome you any time you decide to venture down to "southern" Germany! ;-)

Yes, it's been a whirlwind - it was only a few days ago that I finally had time to do the big grocery run so necessary after a long trip away! More posts to come soon!