Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday afternoon

Somebody's enjoying his summer vacation:
We enjoyed a visit from our friend, Roland, this Sunday afternoon and here is the aftermath. We also enjoyed a good sermon on James chapter 2, and community lunch with friends. This evening we checked out the local ice cream shop and I was once again pleased with how easy it is to find good banana ice cream in this country. We're also enjoying our zinnias (DAHLIAS, my bad):
Yesterday afternoon we were invited to a lovely Kaffee and Kuchen (cake and coffee) time with our nice neighbors downstairs. The back yard of our house is all theirs and it's more than clear that gardening is a hobby they take seriously.
I love zinnias (DAHLIAS, i now know). They're like having little fireworks on display. We have quite a few visitors coming through the first half of this week, so I hope they can hold up until Wednesday!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Mmmm... Italian ice cream. I love how Germany is flooded with an ice cream shop on just about every corner in summer. Pistachio is always my favorite pick.

Beautiful flowers. It looks like I could spend some time in that garden. Schöne Grüße aus dem Norden.

Anonymous said...

Stefan hasn't moved out of that chair all week -- he MUST be enjoying his summer vacation.

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

The colors in these pictures look like they came right off of Decor8. I love how well that wall color works. Now I'm craving that German ice cream. It's just not the same in the US.

Thanks again for the link to your blog!
Katie