Yesterday was great. It was my 31st birthday and it was about 10x better than my 30th (which was just depressing). Stefan had set up a birthday table for me, complete with the presents my parents had sent earlier, as well as a mysterious package he'd purchased.
Things like this, and this, and this, have been making me want to sew. It's not a fancy piece, but it works, as I discovered today. I like knowing it's not a big, schmancy machine because I don't feel pressure to start sewing all my own clothes or something nuts like that. It's certainly enough to get me going on basic stuff. If for some reason I find I just don't take to it, it won't be a huge loss, either. I will not be repeating the frumpy jumper I made in 7th grade Home Ec. ha ha! I'm thinking more pillows, table runners, and some other simple things.
Before heading off to meet Stefan's mom, our friendly neighbors came up to say hello and give birthday greetings - and gifts! They never cease to amaze us with their friendliness. In addition to some special balsamic dressing and jam, there was also a little mini-bouquet! They were all pleased and Frau Tille gave Stefan and I each a hug and kiss. Stefan says they treat us like they're our grandparents, ha ha! We are SO thankful for such nice neighbors!
Sahne, sahne everywhere!
After climbing a tower - we saw the filming of a Turkish music video below!
3 comments:
Aaaahhhh!!!!! Those Amy Butler poufs are a dream come true! Her fabric and Anna Maria's are GORGEOUS! I am also going to start sewing once we land in Europe. I have a sewing machine in mind and already located a store that sells them. I do want to sew as an outlet/hobby/stress reliever (or maker?) since I have none yet. We will have to swap beginner stories. Thanks for sharing!
Ohh your birthday cake looks delish! Lucky!
I got my sewing machine as a birthday gift from my mother-in-law a few years ago. There must be a special connection between sewing machines and mothers-in-law. Oh, and possibly birthdays as well. =)
Post a Comment