It's official - I passed the Zertifikat Deutsch exam! I received a 2, which is a "Gut" (good). I keep thinking of it as a "B", but Stefan says a 2 is actually very good in this situation. Apparently it's more of a B+/A-/A sort of thing because the only higher score would be a 1, which he says is the equivilant of an A++, which hardly anybody gets. So that's good news!
Tomorrow morning I take another test, this time just a placement exam. This is for the university German classes and I'm hoping to place into Level 4....we shall see. Please pray for peace of mind and an acurate performance.
On Saturday Stefan and I went to a job fair with 4 big Pharma companies based here in Marburg. This was enlightening and was good exposure and experience. I took two copies of my US resume as well as my most recent letter of reference. Every representative was very interested and encouraged me to apply not only to the Ausbildung program, but to any general job openings as well.
This was good to hear because we looked into the offered Ausbildungen (3yr certification programs) and they looked pretty easy. One morning's lesson included learning how to write a memo in Microsoft Word. Yeah, I think I learned how to do that about 10 years ago... However, it was good to see what they cover. This left me with questions of "what if my memos look different, how big a deal is that?" and so on. Probably not too big of a deal, but these are things you ask yourself. Then I was thinking...ugh, I usually used a template - how do you create a template with German commands in Word?? So then I started thinking this would be a little painful. In any case, I have a personal deadline to put together several applications in a German format. Hopefully this goes well. Stefan also said he was impressed with how I introduced myself in German during all these meet-and-greets. That's encouraging!
Monday, August 25, 2008
exam scores, another exam, and a job update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yay! Sounds like you did great. Let us know how the German placement exam goes, ok?
You're an A++ in my book! :)
Congratulations! Ich freu mich fuer dich! :-)
Juliette,
Guten Tag,
Congratulations! We are delighted that you are learning German so fast.
Do you practice you German at home with Stefan?
I bet he is an excellent teacher!
You are very lucky to have Stefan helping and encouraging you.
The photo of the wedding cup was very unusual. We didn't know there was such a thing. The heart in the sheet was another amazing symbolic game. What do they do with the sheet after the wedding? Do they have to sleep on it?
If you ever make the apple cake or the cream cake, I sure would like a sample! mmmmm
Thanks for all the pictures. They are very interesting.
Aufwiedersehen.(did I spell it right)
love,
Oma
Juliette,
Guten Tag,
Congratulations! We are delighted that you are learning German so fast.
Do you practice you German at home with Stefan?
I bet he is an excellent teacher!
You are very lucky to have Stefan helping and encouraging you.
The photo of the wedding cup was very unusual. We didn't know there was such a thing. The heart in the sheet was another amazing symbolic game. What do they do with the sheet after the wedding? Do they have to sleep on it?
If you ever make the apple cake or the cream cake, I sure would like a sample! mmmmm
Thanks for all the pictures. They are very interesting.
Aufwiedersehen.(did I spell it right)
love,
Oma
Post a Comment